If you want to keep up with us, I post on Instagram all the time and have been devoting a lot of my time and efforts into my YouTube channel again!
Harry is at such a great age. He's so curious about the world and his brain works in the funniest way. The other day he wrote out a shopping list and decided we didn't actually need milk, so instead of just crossing it off the list, he cut the entire line out of the paper. So funny! He does adorable stuff like that all the time.
Here's a video of him unboxing some Shopkins from May.
And then here is a video of him singing his Mother's Day song he learned at school.
As far as some of the stuff he's now doing:
- He can write pretty much the entire alphabet. Some letters give him trouble, but he's pretty much got them down. He loves practicing and writing words, so he's constantly asking me how to spell things.
- He also loves coloring. He'd do it all day long if he could! Sometimes he colors a picture, and other times he'll take a blank piece of paper and draw his own. He loves drawing our town, with grass, train tracks and cars.
- He amazes me with how good he is with math and numbers! A few weeks ago I asked him to count backwards from 20, and he surprised us by starting at 100 and counting all the way down to 0. I think I've mentioned it before, but he's very good at basic addition and subtraction. Especially when it comes to time. Say it's 11:08 and I'll say I'll start making his lunch in 15 minutes, he'll correct me and tell me it's only 12 minutes (we usually start lunch at 11:20).
- One funny thing he recently said... I got him some American flag jammies and told him he could wear the shirt for the fireworks on America's birthday. So he asked, "Does America eat cake?" LOL :)
- The last couple weeks he's started taking naps again. He hasn't regularly taken naps since last year. I thought it might be a growth spurt at first, but it's been going on for a while, so I don't know. And he's so cute about it, he'll just be in his room playing and then decide he's tired so he'll curl up on his chair and fall alseep. All on his own, I've not asked him to nap. I'm glad he has been though, let's me get some stuff done during the day!
- Speaking of naps, he took one yesterday, and I moved him from his chair to his bed. When I did it he talked to me a bit before falling right back to sleep. Later I asked if he remembered that I moved him, and he said, "No, my remembers are not perfect." Ha, the way he said it gave me a good chuckle!
At the end of May I asked him a few questions. I tried to write down exactly what he said for each one.
What's your name? Harry
How old are you? 4 1/2
When's your birthday? November 7, when I'm 5.
How old is dad? He's 31 1/2.
How old is mom? 31.
What's your favorite color? Yellow green, yellow pink, yellow blue, yellow yellow.
What's your favorite food? Tuna
Who's your best friend? Anthony, because he stays inside the lines (when coloring).
What's your favorite show? Angry Birds
What's your favorite movie? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
What's your favorite song? ABCD, it sings it on my piano.
What's your favorite animal? Daddy Lion (his stuffed animal he always sleeps with)
What are you scared of? The dark.
What makes you happy? Silly faces.
What's your favorite thing to do? I like to go to Pie Five.
What is mom's favorite thing to do You're favorite thing is best to work on your computer and play with me.
What is dad's favorite thing to do? He's best at taking me out to places to go shopping.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Of course I'm going to go to work, and a rock star!
Oh, and back in May he finished up his second year of preschool! Hard to believe this time next year we'll have a kindergartner on our hands! This summer we're staying busy with summer camp, swim lessons and library story times. It's been lots of fun!