First of all, I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day! We had a nice weekend. They boys have this new "tradition" of going up to Mariano's every Saturday morning for some of their store brand Greek yogurt. Apparently it's the best. They went early in the morning and allowed me to sleep in. When they returned they surprised me with some beautiful flowers and other treats.
Big Chef Burger
Ant found a Groupon for this restaurant a couple months ago and we finally visited last week. I was expecting it to be kind of like a Smashburger, but it was a lot nicer than that, a sit down place with a full bar. I went crazy and got the truffle burger, it was phenomenal! One of the best burgers I've probably ever had. I got the homemade potato chips as my side, and they were fine, nothing spectacular, I wish they'd had some type of seasoning on them. Both the boys liked their burgers as well, but they said the sweet potato fries were their favorite.
The restaurant is in Schaumburg, so if you're in the area, I highly recommend you check it out! I just wish they had booths to eat in, it was difficult keeping a 3 year old seated while we waited for our food.
Once Upon a Child
Every few months we like to make a trip to OUAC to sell some of Harry's too-small clothes and underused toys. We typically use whatever cash we make on new toddler clothes. We went earlier this month and after trading in our clothes, we paid just a dollar for all of this!
I can not believe we're shopping in the 4T section for my baby!
February Ipsy Bag
Another month means another Ipsy bag full of fun, new beauty products to try.
In the bag:
City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini
Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray
Emite Make Up Professional Eyelash Curler
ModelCo Blush in Cosmopolitan
Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil
I also redeemed some of my Ipsy points for a Gallany Cosmetics Lipstick in Bordeaux. Total value of the bag, not including the lipstick, is roughly $63- I had to use Google currency exchange thing on a few of the items to approximate price.
So far I've used the facial oil, lip stain and volumizing spray. Love all 3! The lip stain is more orangy than the package makes it look, but it's still very pretty and feels nice on my lips.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Harry has been so funny lately!
- He still loves super heros, and is now "saving" us. It's adorable, he'll start across the room from one of us, say he's going to save us, run over and give us a hug, kiss, and Eskimo kiss. Then we're saved!
- Harry still loves time and looking at clocks. Once he said, "It's 3:33! That's kind of like 4:44!"
- Crisscross Applesauce (sitting cross-legged), has become "Kristoff Applesauce," as in the character from Frozen.
- I asked him if he wanted to go to the Island of Sodor (where Thomas the Tank Engine lives) and he said that he was too big to fit in the tablet to go, haha! Oh, the technology kids have these days!
- He calls elevators, "alligators."
- We were lying in bed together the other week and I said that I wanted to spoon him, and Harry said, "No Mom, that's for my yogurt, please don't bring that to bed." Mr. Literal :)
- He passed his hearing test he kept failing. Finally!
- Harry can spell his name, and Mom and Dad.
- The boys got me a box of Ferrero Rochers for my birthday. One day I was in the other room working on something and Harry managed to sneak 3 of them! He was so proud of himself he came over and told me. He tried to eat more of them, but wasn't able to get the wrappers open, so the sugar rush could have been a lot worse. I was thankful for that!