- Harry loves music! And dancing. His current favorite song is Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk," which he calls "Uptown Funky Road," haha! He knows a lot of the words and beats and has very specific dance moves for the song. He also loves Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" and Katy Perry's "Roar."
- I haven't updated on potty training in a while... because there's really been nothing to update on. He really has no interest in it! He goes pee in the potty every night before bed, but trying to get him to go any other time is like pulling teeth. Although this past weekend we actually got him to wear underwear, which was a win (he hadn't been willing to wear any in over a month), and we made it to the potty in time once or twice.
I'm pretty sure I was a late potty trainer, too, so I shouldn't be too surprised he's not there yet. But I want to sign him up for a summer camp and he has to be potty trained for that. And of course for preschool next year. So we really need to start getting serious about it around here.
- We finally rented Toy Story from the library. I knew he'd love it, but I didn't know how much! OMG, Harry is obsessed with it! It was the first movie he's watched all the way through without getting distracted (He loves Frozen but usually gets up to play with toys at some point). We rented all 3 movies in the last month and he loved each one more than the last. He's already talking about how he wants to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. His favorite part is in TS3 when Jessie and Buzz do their dance, he talks about it all the time. His new found fondness for TS will make filling his Easter basket easy this year :)
- We've had some trouble with drop off at school. At the beginning of February he started crying when I tried to leave at school. Totally out of the blue, before that he would willingly say goodbye and join his friends in class. Knock on wood, the last two classes have been better. He's asked me to come in with him to help take his coat off and one of his teaches holds him up to the window and we wave goodbye as I go back to the car.
- A little kid told him at the library that only girls wear nail polish. That made me so mad! Harry likes to wear it sometimes and while we are far from the perfect parents, I think we've done a good job not shoving gender stereotypes down Harry's throat. I've never once said "that's for boys," or "that's for girls." So, it really broke my heart that someone told Harry he shouldn't wear nail polish because he's a boy :(. Fortunately, I don't think it sunk in quite yet.
- He does air high-fives like Jim and Pam from The Office. Came up with it all on his own- I haven't watched the show for almost a year (shocker, I know). So freaking cute!
- I had a doctor's appointment for some issues earlier this month. Harry was so concerned for me! Before I left he started calling himself Dr. Harry and got his little wooden tool set out to try and fix me. He took his little screws and hammer and told me I didn't need go see the other doctor because he was making me better. It was so precious, and one of my all-time favorite memories :)
- Harry bit the inside of his lip and it was really bothering him for a few days. He wouldn't even let us brush that side of his mouth it hurt him too much. He kept insisting on a Band-aid to make it better. We asked where he wanted it, and told him it couldn't go inside his mouth. He just pointed to the corner of his mouth, so I put one right where he wanted. Voila! Somehow, he said it made everything feel better ;)
(From my Insgatram)