- We've actually made a lot of progress in the potty training this month! It started with bribing him to go #2 with a trip to the dollar store a few weeks ago. It worked, and he's been consistently going ever since! Not every day, but we're getting there.
- In high school psychology class I learned about Freud's Oedipus Complex. It's a little ridiculous, but Harry has been acting very strange towards Ant lately and seems to really favor me. Like, he only wants me to help him go potty, blow on his hot food, help him get up when he falls, etc. If Ant offers to help he gets upset. Hoping he grows out of this soon.
- We had his 3 year checkup at the doctor's the other day. Stats: 29 pounds, 38 inches. He got to use the "big boy" scale and ruler for the first time. He kept his clothes on, which added to his weight- no way he gained 3 pounds in 6 months.
He had to get a blood draw and wasn't phased by it at all! He just sat there like nothing was happening. The Daniel Tiger episode where he gets a shot really prepared him!
And... surprise, surprise, he failed his hearing test again! They did it twice and both times it came up as referral (as in being referred to an ENT). His ears are full of wax so I got special ear drops to help get rid of it. The doctor is pretty confident that's what's causing him to fail. We have a follow up appointment in about a month, crossing my fingers he'll pass. I really don't think he has a problem hearing, but if he does, obviously I want to see a specialist.
- The other day Harry locked himself in our bedroom for the first time. It really wasn't that big of a deal- he unlocked the door a minute later. Buuuut, there were a few moments of panic.
- We had his first parent/teacher conference at school just before his birthday. It went well, and the teachers had nice things to say about Harry. One thing surprised me- he doesn't dance in class! Yes, my little boy, who does this on a daily basis, doesn't dance in class. Wha?!? He's quiet and reserved at school they said. A great helper and he listens well to instruction. He likes to stand back and observe whats going on with the other kids. There's another little boy in class who has a similar demeanor to Harry so it's nice that they get to be in school together.
- A few cute things he's said.
- "Today I'm six, tomorrow I'm going to be nine." He thinks "sick" is "six," haha!
- "Can you hand me a hand?" When he needs help getting up from the floor.
- "Let's go watch the news, guys." -Harry
"You want to watch the news?" - Dad
"No, I'm just joking." -Harry