I hope all the dad's out there had a great Father's Day! We had a nice weekend. Most of our celebrating was done on Friday, as that's the best day for us.
- Friday Ant chose to go to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. He loves seafood and I hate it, so he doesn't get to eat it much. He loved his crab cake burger and Harry surprised us by eating his entire order of kid's popcorn shrimp. I ordered the chicken sandwich, which was fine. The star of my meal was the mason jar margarita- so yummy! I could have had 2 more, easily ;)
- After dinner we stopped at Menchie's for some fro-yo.
- Harry's gift to Ant for Father's Day? A candy bar. He came up with that idea all on his own. He gave him a Kit Kat. (we also got him a few other things)
- Sunday I made a batch of homemade salsa to can. Well, semi-homemade. I used the Ball Fiesta Salsa mix. It's okay. But I think next time I'll do it all from scratch.
- Father's Day dinner was such a bust. Very rarely do I screw up dinner, and felt so bad that I did it on Ant's special day. I attempted to make the Archer Farms tortellini from Target. It started falling apart halfway through cooking. And some of the pieces cooked too much and others didn't cook nearly enough. Ugh! I ended up throwing what was supposed to be my lunch today away. Definitely won't be buying that again.
Some pictures from Friday night.
And some from a Sunday afternoon game of catch.