- School! We attend our park district's parent-toddler preschool class once a week. Harry just loves it and we're thinking about signing up for real preschool in the fall. This class's curriculum is similar to the independent preschool classes, but the parents participate along with the kids. Some of the activities: crafts, ABCs, jumping/counting song, maracas, ribbon dancers, animal book, hula hoops, and Harry's favorite so far, parachute games.
- Throwing has been a huge issue this month. If you have any suggestions on how to help curb this behavior, I'm all ears! He throws any and everything he can get his hands on. He will even look at me sometimes and say, "I throw it," before chucking whatever he's holding across the room. Ugh!
- Harry has made great strides with speech this past month. He says full sentences all the time now, I'm so proud of him!
- Aside from the characters on the TV shows he likes, the only other celebrity he recognizes is President Obama. He calls him "Omama," and points him out every time he sees him.
- 2 new foods we've tried this month: almond milk and sunbutter. We get the Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk and Harry could drink gallons and gallons of the stuff. He still get's regular cow's milk a few times a week as well, but I think he likes the almond milk better. He's had one sunbutter sandwich so far and I think he liked it, he ate a majority of it. With lots of schools these days banning peanuts I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce a peanut butter alternative just in case he can't take it for lunch when he gets older. Other foods he's loving lately: pineapples, raw broccoli with hummus, ketchup (he thought pasta sauce was ketchup last week, and I totally let him believe that so he'd eat his dinner!), lima beans, raisins, quesadillas, chicken and yogurt.
- Harry is starting to learn the days of the week. He's known about our Tuesday morning classes for a while (see this IG video), and he now knows other days of the week, and what activities we have. He doesn't know all the days or the order, but it's so adorable to hear him talk about them.
- I've finally figured out how to take a shower while Ant's at work. I usually shower after dinner but lately I've been turning on Daniel Tiger or Super Why in our bedroom which keeps him occupied for 10 minutes. It's been working well so far and now I don't have to deal with freezing cold water like I do when I take a shower after Harry's bath in the evenings :)
|Found him lying on our table playing with his Magna Doodle the other day- had to snap a picture :)|
|He runs in the closet and shuts the doors as soon as we go in his room|