Oh, did I say baby? I mean kid. Clearly his baby days are behind him.
As always, this year had it's ups and downs. But Harry has come such a long way and is turning in to the sweetest little boy. Remember how less than a year ago we were worried about Harry's lack of speech? Now his word count is easily over 200 and a woman at the store recently commented on how incredibly talkative he is.
Some of his current favorite things:
- Stairs. He goes up and down without any help as long as there's a railing.
- Cell phones/tablets. We try to limit his use of electronics and only let him play under close supervision, but recently we've been letting him use them a bit more. Harry loves to "call" Elmo on Ant's phone (Elmo Calls app) and he knows how to navigate my tablet to find his games.
- Stuffed animals/toys. He hugs and kisses them and puts them to "night night."
- Candy. We can thank trick-or-treating last week for introducing him to the wonderful world of confections. He ate way more than he should have on Halloween, but since then we've limited him to just a couple treats a day. His favorite seems to be M&Ms, but he isn't picky.
- Crafts. I have a feeling he's going to be very creative. He loves doing simple crafts with me.
- Sports. He recognizes the 4 main ones- baseball, football, hockey and basketball- and makes sure to alert you when one of them is on TV. We took him bowling a couple weeks ago which was fun-ish (we went during nap time- big mistake!) and I keep telling Ant he should take him to a local high school basketball game.
Some favorite Harry-centric posts from the last year:
- Baby Sign Language (he still does the I Love You sign on occasion)
- Baby's First Haircut
- Brookfield Zoo
- Turner Park Splash Pad
- Schaumburg Boomers Game
- Two Zoos
- First Time Trick-or-Treating
No big party this year, but we do have some fun stuff planned for today. And he'll get to celebrate his birthday again next month when we take him to the Yo Gabba Gabba concert. I can't wait!
So, happy birthday, Harry. You are without a doubt the most amazing person I've ever met. Your sweet demeanor and silly personality melt my heart every day. I love you more than anything and being your mother has been the biggest blessing of my life.