Saturday Harry met Santa Claus for the first time!
Santa parked his sleigh at a local bank for the morning. While the bank wasn't as glamorous as the winter wonderlands he has at shopping malls, it couldn't have been more convenient and the staff were all extremely friendly.
Harry's reaction to Santa was lukewarm. He didn't cry when Jolly Old St. Nick held him, but he did try to run away.
Luckily Dad was there to help the situation.
Here are a few other things that happened over the past few, internetless days.
- We signed up for a gym membership. Well, Ant did. He signed up for an upgraded plan that allows him to bring a guest every time he uses the gym. It was a little cheaper doing it that way versus us both signing up for memberships. The facility has free babysitting for Harry as well. Oh, and my favorite part, a dedicated women's workout room!
- Harry fell off the bed. I know, awful. Part of the reason I don't like cosleeping. On the nights Ant isn't around I pad the side of the bed with pillows to prevent him from falling off. That made no difference- when I woke up to his screams I found him lying on his back on the floor at the foot of the bed. Was he awake before he fell or was he was just tossing and turning a lot that night? No clue how it happened, but I cried nearly as much as he did when I rescued him!
- We went to another birthday party for one of Harry's friends. When we first walked in the birthday girl (who just turned one) came up and gave Harry a huge hug, sweetest thing ever!
- Ant and I finished the movie Flight. So good! The movie is quite a bit different from how the previews made it seem, but in a really good way. And the ending is just fantastic. Not a happy ending, but satisfying none the less.
- Harry got his second dose of the flu shot on Monday.
- We met with Early Intervention on Tuesday. It was just an informational meeting and Harry will be evaluated by two social workers (or therapists, I'm not sure) to see if should be enrolled in any type of therapy. He's still not talking, but babbling a whole lot. Plus, he understands so much now, as noted in his 13 month update, so I'm not sure if he'll qualify for the program. Part of me hopes he does qualify, but if he doesn't need it, he doesn't need it.
- Thank you everyone who voted for TAW on the Skinny Scoop Top 25 Baby Blogs list, I made it... #3! :)