Back in April I made some really delish peanut butter cup bars. I've made them a few times since and we just love them! I'm convinced Ant has a gluten allergy (he has a family history and is possibly showing some signs), but as he is being stubborn and not wanting to go to the doctor, I'm trying to help him eat less gluten. I'd love for him to go a week without it to see how he feels, but he said he'd only do it if I gave up the internet for the week. So, that's probably not going to happen ;).
But back to the bars...
I admit that the original bars made with graham crackers taste a little better, but these are a nice gluten free option, and are healthier all around. Here's the recipe.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- 2 1/4 cups crushed Rice Krispies (I used my Beaba Babycook to crush them, but you could put them in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (add more if you like a sweeter taste)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Mix together Rice Krispies, confectioner's sugar, butter/margarine and 1 cup of peanut butter. Spread mixture in a baking dish. Melt chocolate and 2 tbsp. peanut butter in microwave. Pour on top of Rice Krispies mixture. Freeze for 1 hour, then transfer to fridge.
Cut into squares and enjoy!