Mexican Stuffed ShellsServes 3
-12 pasta shells, cooked
-2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (I like using the Tyson Grilled & Ready breast fillets)
-1/2 cup black beans
-1/2 cup shredded queso fresco
-1/2 cup pico de gallo
-1 can tomato sauce (not pasta sauce)
-1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
-1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Chives (I use Litehouse freeze-dried chives)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, black beans, pico de gallo, queso fresco, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, cayenne pepper and chili pepper in large bowl.
- Coat bottom of glass baking dish with tomato sauce.
- Stuff shells with chicken mixture and place in baking dish.
- Top with more tomato sauce and Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with additional tomato sauce, pico de gallo, Mexican cheese, sour cream and chives.
The Mexican Stuffed Shells turned out awesome! It's kind of a weird combination of foods, but it totally works! Ant was really skeptical of the whole thing but I think this was one of his favorite meals I've ever made. Good thing too, I have quite a few left over ingredients so I think I'll try and make them again on Saturday night so the food doesn't go to waste.