I've got another recipe to share today! Today's recipe was inspired by Peanut Butter Fingers' squash casserole. I saw this dish on Julie's blog earlier in the week and knew I wanted to try my own version. Ant doesn't like yellow squash so I decided to make it with zucchini instead, a vegetable we always have on hand. We both loved it!
3/9/12 Edit to add: I have updated this recipe a bit. I've made this dish quite a bit and the changes reflect a better tasting dish. Edits are noted below in red.
- 2 large, sliced zucchinis
- 6 ounces crumbled chicken sausage (I used my cheese grater)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. freeze-dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage, onions, garlic and oregano sprayed with a little PAM in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes; onions should be soft.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt and mozzarella cheese.
- Scoop zucchini mixture in to glass baking dish coated with PAM.
- Top with breadcrumbs or extra shredded cheese and spritz with PAM.
-Bake for 25 minutes.