Our fridge and cupboards are pretty bare right now so I threw together chicken breasts (seasoned with the Hearty Tuscan Herbs Kraft Parmesan Blend), french fries and canned green beans. I don't know what it is about canned green beans, but I just love them! I throw them in a bowl with a little margarine and pepper and microwave them for about two minutes. Easy peasy and delish!
My Beauty Routine
I've been wanting to do a post like this for a long time... like since I first started this blog. So here it is!
1. Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub. I'm not too picky with my face wash. I just like something that exfoliates. This one works pretty well and it has cleared my skin up. If you're not on a tight budget, I highly recommend the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. It is amazing!
2. Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer. It's what my dermatologist recommended so I use it!
3. Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream. This is my favorite eye cream ever, I've used a few different brands and always come back to this stuff. It's really thick and creamy so I feel like it works better than thinner creams I've used. I recommend everyone use an eye cream, even if you're young and don't have any eye wrinkles! I started using it at 20 or 21, I wish I would have started in high school. Also, here's a tip: use it on your neck! Necks get neglected a lot in the moisturizing department and they deserve a little love, too. Trust me, your neck will thank you when you're older.
4. Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Medium Beige. I have used Bare Minerals since 2002... 10 years! I don't think anyone could pay me to switch foundations, this stuff is incredible. It's really easy to apply and makes my blotchy red skin very even looking. They came out with a matte formula a couple years ago, but I don't think it's worth the extra money. I used it and didn't notice a difference between that and the original formula.
5. L'Oreal Infallible Plumping Lip Gloss in Plumping Brown. I've used this lip gloss for a long time. I also have the Raisin and Truffle colors.
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I would recommend this product over everything else I use. I use it under my eyeliner sometimes, too. Just a thin layer of this stuff will make your eye makeup last for days. Case in point: The morning of our wedding I probably put my makeup on around 9am. After a long day and night of drinking and dancing at our reception I fell asleep at our hotel with my makeup on. The next morning I didn't have to redo my makeup to go down to brunch. It wasn't quite as fresh looking as it was the day before, but it wasn't smudged at all. Worth every penny and more!
7. Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow in Designer Chocolates. Since I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion I don't have to use expensive eyeshadows because any cheapo shadow will stay on all day without creasing. I do have some department store brand eyeshadows, but I find myself using this palette most of the time.
8. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara BIG in Blackest Black. I've used cheap mascaras and I've used expensive mascaras. They all clump. I honestly can't tell the difference so I just buy the cheap stuff. Works for me!
9. Bare Minerals Bronzer in Faux Tan. The perfect compliment to my Bare Minerals foundation.
10. Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Black. My very favorite eyeliner. It was the first one I ever bought back in high school. I have tried other brands but always come back to it. It applies really easily and stays put for a long time (even without using the Primer Potion). I'm sure I wear too much eyeliner for most people, but I've always been a fan of the "raccoon eyes" look.
11. Bare Minerals Brushes. I'm pretty sure the one on top is the Flawless Application Brush (bronzer)and I know the other one is the Handy Buki Brush (foundation). I've had them both forever and they work well. I should probably think of replacing them though!
So there ya have it, my basic beauty routine. It takes me anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to apply it all.
|Just for fun :)|