Have you guys ever heard of Plain Chicken? I recently discovered Steph's blog and couldn't wait to try one of her great recipes. Yesterday she posted a recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Pasta and I just had to make it! I changed mine a bit from the Plain Chicken recipe, but I didn't stray too far from the original dish.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Mediterranean seasoning (I used this one by McCormick )
- 1 tbsp. freeze-dried garlic
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- Penne pasta
- Pasta sauce (I used Ronzoni's Smart Taste penne)
- Reduced-fat feta cheese
- Combine Greek yogurt, olive oil, Mediterranean seasoning, garlic, ground pepper, lemon juice and white vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Put uncooked chicken breasts in a Ziplock bag and coat with Greek yogurt marinade. Refrigerate for 8ish hours.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chicken breasts in an oven bag and coat with remaining marinade. Seal oven bag with twist tie and bake in a glass or metal baking dish for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking prepare penne according to directions on box.
- In a separate saucepan heat pasta sauce. Add feta cheese.
- Layer pasta, sauce and chicken on a plate. Top with additional feta cheese to taste.
Note: Next time I make the dish I'll probably cut the olive oil in half to trim some of the fat and calories.