Hello bloggy friends! My last two posts were (for the most part) pre-written, so I haven't updated on how H-man and I are feeling. Yesterday morning I finally started to feel like myself again. I think Harry did too, although he never seemed to feel as sick as I did, thank goodness. It'll take a couple days to get back in to the swing of things, but I'm so glad we're over that nasty bug!
Today I want to share another recipe with you guys. Taco salads aren't the most original idea, but I came up with this one all by myself, yay! Taco salads are notoriously unhealthy, and while mine isn't what you would call health food, it's way better than many of the other ones out there because it doesn't include sour cream or dressings, yet still tastes great!
Healthy Taco Salad
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1/4 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 crunchy taco shells (may be substituted with tortilla chips)
- 1 cup black beans (I used the Old El Paso seasoned black beans)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Prepare chicken according to directions on seasoning packet.
- Heat black beans according to directions on package.
- Put 1 cup of shredded lettuce in each of 2 bowls.
- Break taco shells in to small pieces and mix in with lettuce.
- Divide up remaining ingredients and layer on to salads equally.