Okay, I am going to try my hand at recipe writing today! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and am finally going to take the plunge.
This isn't a completely original recipe, it is adapted from the Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll-Ups recipe from iVillage. I found rolling the lasagna noodles to be tricky and time consuming, so I thought of using pasta shells instead.
Garlic Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. freeze-dried garlic (I use Litehouse brand, found in the produce section at Super Target)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Splash of water
- Jar of pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, cheeses, garlic, oregano and black pepper in bowl. Add a splash of water to thin filling.
- Coat the bottom of a large glass baking dish with pasta sauce.
- Stuff cooked shells with chicken mixture and place in baking dish.
- Top with more pasta sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with additional pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese.