Monday, October 31, 2011

Labor and Delivery... Round Two!

Happy Halloween everyone! Little man decided to play a nice little trick on me today and sent me back to labor and delivery! I'll be here until at least tomorrow afternoon following my third 24 hour urinalysis.

So, this morning we had our routine weekly visit at my OB's office. My blood pressure registered at 160/110 for three straight readings (140/90 is about as high as they want it to go), so off to labor and delivery I went!

The high risk doctor came in this evening and said that just increasing the dose of my blood pressure medicine probably won't really help my problem at this point, and I could very well deliver my son as early as TOMORROW. Yes, tomorrow! They'll make a decision after the results come back from my urinalysis.

If I were to deliver tomorrow, his prognosis would be good, but obviously the situation wouldn't be ideal, as he won't be considered full term until November 12. Most likely little man would have to spend some time in the NICU as a precaution, but nothing major (fingers crossed!).

So, right now we wait. I will try and update, however brief, as soon as I know more!


  1. Sending good vibes your way! Hoping your little man doesn't have to spend any time in the NICU!

  2. Prayers going up for you and baby boy!! Good Luck !! Let us know !! <3 Robyn


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...